- 5th November 1976 Mr and Mrs CJ Tizzard sell the property known as Ivy Cottage to Mr James Andrew and Mrs Sally Jane Farmer (Flintham, Newark).
- The property is sold for £12,750.
- Mr & Mrs Tizzard are said to be ‘of The Butty, Main Street, Hickling’; this is the property to the south of Ivy Cottage/Old Mill Cottage – now known as Carneal Cottage.
- The current owners of Carneal Cottage bought the property (then known as ‘The Butty’) from Mr & Mrs Tizzard in 1979. Before Mr & Mrs Tizzard lived there it had been a smallholding owned by the Kerry family.
- The 1910 Finance Act Map shows the extent of the Ivy Cottage/Old Mill Cottage property and the location of neighbouring properties before new houses were built in the 1970s.
- Mr & Mrs Tizzard sold the rear garden of Old Mill Cottage in 1972; it now belongs to Canal View to the north.
- At some point in the 1970s (possibly around the time of the 1976 conveyance), Mr & Mrs Tizzard moved next door to the Butty (now Carneal House).
- Also at this time 3 modern detached houses were built in the grounds of the Butty – one fronting Main Street (Cherry Trees) and two fronting Mill Lane (Mill Rise and Sa Mylna); it is believed that each plot sold for about £500 each.
- It isn’t known whether it was Mr & Mrs Tizzard or their predecessors who developed these new houses.
- Neither is it known how long Mr & Mrs Tizzard lived at The Butty (at least from 1976-1979?); it is possible that Old Mill Cottage/Ivy Cottage was rented at some point (for example, the mortgage was repaid in 1972); however, in 1979 The Butty was in very poor repair and the Tizzards may not have actually lived there for long, if at all.
- For the first time, this conveyance includes a Land Registry stamp; ER HM Land Registry – freehold title registered. Title number NT 71890.
- The Conveyance specifies that Main Street was formerly known as Town Street.
- Dated 5th November 1976
- Mr & Mrs CJ Tizzard
- Mr & Mrs JA Farmer
- Freehold messuage &
- premises situate and
- known as Ivy Cottage
- Main Street Hickling
- in the County of
- Larken & Co
- Document is fully typed, see notes, above and gallery, below.