Who we are
Our website address is: https://www.hicklingnottslocalhistory.com.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
Comments cannot be made directly on to our website and so no personal data is held in this context; if you wish to comment, please use the email system available on our Contact page.
See below; we do not use a contact form – instead we have opted to offer users of our website contact options via an email system.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
We collect basic data through Google Analytics about how many users have visited our website and this may include their country of origin. However, we do not collect any personal data and do not know who has visited the website.
Who we share your data with
The only time we receive any kind of data from visitors to our website is when we receive contact through the email addresses on our Contact page. We will share these details amongst members of the Local History Group in order to better answer your enquiry and to pursue our historical research but not for any other purpose; it is important to make clear to us, when you first contact us, if you have any privacy requirements.
The Hickling (Notts) Local History Group is a small, amateur, voluntary group aspiring to collate an historical research archive; we will do our best to ensure that your privacy is protected to the best of our ability, but by sharing details with us via our email contact system the basis of our group needs to be understood. We take your use of the website and/or our email contact system as your acceptance of these parameters/limitations.
How long we retain your data
If you contact us, the message and its metadata may be retained indefinitely.
What rights you have over your data
You can request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Data available on the website
This website is a research archive and we receive collections from a variety of sources. The purpose of the website is to allow other local historians and those with links to the village of Hickling access to our collections in an easy to use format.
- All data and images published on this website are subject to copyright (see terms and conditions) and they are available for the free use of anyone interested in tracing their own or the village’s history; however, we expressly prohibit the misuse of any information available on this website which may cause hurt or upset to any individual or group of individuals.
- Individuals featured in images and data sets included in local history collections donated to (or made available to) the Hickling Local History Group are deemed to have given their permission for inclusion in such collections on the understanding that by doing so such information has been placed in the public domain.
- Data and images which are already in the public domain are considered ‘public’ and have been treated as such.
- As a general principal, we work on the basis of roughly 2 generations or 50 years for the addition of new material (ie. material not contained in existing collections previously in the public domain); we will try to contact individuals featured in newer material before posting it but please contact us via the Contact page if you have any concerns or queries.
- If you have any concerns about data or images which affect you personally, please contact us via the Contact page.
- Images of, for example, village events or street scenes in a public place are deemed to be in the public domain and individual permissions have not been sought. Please contact us via the Contact page if you have any concerns or queries.
- Through this privacy notice and other public notices we have (and continue to) offer anyone featured on the website the option to request removal of individual items where privacy is deemed to have been compromised.
Your contact information
If you contact us, your personal information as disclosed in your email will be retained and may be shared amongst members of the Hickling (Notts) Local History Group but only for the purposes of our local history research (see above).
What automated decision making and/or profiling we do with user data
There are no automatic systems in place for contacts originating from this website.