Following the death of Susannah Dickman in January 1838 a number of transactions take place in settlement of the Estate:
- 1838: abstract from Parish Registers.
- 1838: attornment – William Wiles to Joseph Barnett.
- 1838: declaration.
- 1838: lease document (27th July 1838).
- 1838 mortgage document (28th July 1838).
- 1838: insurance agreement document (28th July 1838).
1838 Insurance Agreement document
1838: insurance agreement document.
- William Wiles, having mortgaged the property to Joseph Barnett, agrees to insure the property against loss or damage by fire for £50.
- This seems to be a hastily drawn up document which has been amended twice; (1) to specify insurance against fire and (2) to amend the proposed insured amount from seventy to fifty pounds.
- This document is an agreement to insure, not an insurance document per se.
28th July 1838.
- Agreement by Mr
- William Wiles to
- insure messuage
- and premises at
- Hickling in the
- County of Nottingham
- [in] the sum of £50.
- William Wiles of Hickling in the County
- of Nottingham yeoman hereby agree with
- Joseph Barnett of Hickling aforesaid farmer
- to insure [inserted & initialled by witness] against loss or damage by fire the messuage and premises situate
- at Hickling aforesaid now in my own
- occupation (and which by an indenture this
- day executed I have mortgaged to him for
- securing £70 and interest) in the sum of
- seventy [initialled by witness, scored through & amended to] fifty pounds at least. Witness my
- hand twenty eighth day of July 1838.
- Mr Enfield William Wiles