Ellis family

Please note: Family pages are organised by surname; however, this does not mean that all those people featured are related to each other. Where possible we will try to be clear about any connections there may be.

From the Wadkin Archives:

Scrapbook of Hickling:

The Wheel Inn. Thomas Munks was the licencee in 1864 and 1894 but by 1912 it was owned by Glen Harding who kept it as a shop but not as a public house. Later occupiers of Wheel House were as follows:- Mr. Alf Herrick rented from Mr. Lane. Mr. Ellis Faulks (1928). Miss. Power rented from Tommy Stubbs and Miss. Proudman (head mistress) lodged with her. Frank Copley. Reg Arme.