Hobson’s Yard/Holly House, Main St

Holly House is situated to the rear of Mulberry House in an area once known as Hobson’s Yard. Here there were two semi-detached cottages known as Holly Cottage and The Retreat which were attached to the back of the farm house (Mulberry House, 1778, owned by Will Parkes). The right hand side of the drive to the new Holly House consisted of stables and outbuildings with a tailor’s shop at the road. Some walls from the cottages now form a border with the neighbouring property. Most of the rest of the 3/4 acre site was, and still is, an old orchard of mainly Bramley apple trees. (Domesday Bk 2000)